In this episode, Randall & David talk about starting your own podcast – why it could be your best marketing move yet, what you can do with your podcast, and how to get started.
In this week’s podcast episode:
00:54 Starting a podcast is a low-cost investment
01:54 Why you should be high on podcasts
03:10 Why should you consider doing a podcast?
04:21 Going mainstream in vehicles
05:40 Be the expert
06:20 Know, Like, Trust
08:39 Getting new leads with a podcast
09:01 You’ll get the call
10:50 How to start your own podcast
11:31 Software for podcasting
14:30 Do you need a website
15:38 Podcasting platform
16:54 What’s next?
17:30 How to generate leads with a podcast
19:00 Topics lists
20:50 Storing your podcast audio file (MP3)
26:18 Bringing in guests to enhance products and services
28:30 Ums and ahs…
29:30 Cleaning up
31:20 Why add images
32:04 Promoting your podcast
33:20 Once and done
34:02 Respecting your listeners’ privacy
34:50 How to set up your podcast the easy way
36:45 Person of Interest
40:27 App of the week
Episode Person of Interest (POI) is Trey Strock of Strock Enterprises, a North Charleston, SC. based Design & Remodel firm.
App of the week – Square – Start accepting credit cards
Reasons to start a podcast:
- you own the media and the audience
- the more people you touch in your life the more money you earn
- the podcast technology is going mainstream in cars
- Perfect way to accomplish the know like and trust
- You can get new leads
- You can nurture new leads and customers with podcasts.
How can you start your own podcast?
- Call Recorder
- Screenflow, Camtasia, Adobe Audition, Audacity
- Podcast domain and Website
Things to consider:
- Where to store your podcasts
- Where to publish your podcasts
- Cleaning up
- Adding a short blog post
- Adding an image
- Tell the world – how?
It sounds complicated. All I want to do is record the episode. How can I simplify this?